Church Branding Company Creative Team
Be Known for Something® Leadership
Founder and President, Be Known for Something Church Branding Company (Leadership)
Church Branding Strategist, Creative Director, Keynote Speaker, Author
- 35+ years of advertising, comm, design, writing, speaking
- Communication Pastor and Sr. Church Brand Strategist
- National Executive Director of Center for Church Communication (Church Marketing Sucks, Creative Missions, etc.)
- Former Dir of Church Communication for one of the largest church consulting groups
- Former Strategic Communication Catalyst for 3000 Florida Baptist Churches
- Creative Director & Brand Strategist for churches since 1990
- Sr. Creative Director at one of Eastern Canada’s largest ad agencies
- Award-winning Communications (BCAs, Hermes, Davey, Summit, Mercury, T-CAAN, etc.)
- Inducted into The Church Network Hall of Fame (Contribution to the National Church)
- Written 830+ published church communication articles
- Author of Be Known For Something: Reconnect with Community by Revitalizing Your Church’s Reputation (2017); Post-COVID edition (2022)
- Keynote Speaker at church, business, communication national conferences (See Speaker Kit)
- Most Influential Church Branding Agency Award (CV Magazine: North America)
- Former Dir of Communication at a large non-denominational Texas church
- Bible Teacher (class of 160+)
- Married to Tammy (’90); 2 sons (Calgary/Nashville)
Be Known for Something® Creative Team
Our Church Branding Company Isn’t About One Person
Mark MacDonald works with a talented team to accomplish client and promotional work. Over the decades, Be Known for Something has employed full-time designers, writers, programmers, strategists, account executives, sales, and more!
There are many talented Christians who want to work on our creative team. Most, however, don’t want to work full-time for a company (some work for a local church) or move to the company’s location.
God, in His perfect timing, allows us to utilize online project management apps, Zoom meetings, chat programs, and creative sharing tools to assemble and manage the best team to work on the client work we have under contract. Mark creatively directs the team meetings and collects the creative work for presentation.
Let us know if you would like to join us!
We can assemble as big a team as needed — when it’s needed. This saves overhead costs and allows us to assemble some of the best creatives in the US. This contract worker model has been successful in producing effective, award-winning work that our clients love. It allows us to reach across the nation and build a community of designers, social media experts, programmers, branding strategists, and writers too.
Plus, our clients have one person (usually Mark) to talk to. He listens to the clients and passes the research to the creative team to guarantee the best outcomes. On time! You don’t have to manage the team. Or be concerned about hurting creative spirits in your criticism or change requests.
Wave Orlando Jan
Creative South Mar
Recharge Jacksonville Mar
CFX Essentials Charlotte April
First Impressions Online: May
Worship Tech Liberty Univ June
SBC New Orleans June
Church Network (TCN) Dallas July
TCN Comm Fast Track Dallas July
Wave Fall Louisville Sept
Church Tech Summit Nashville Oct
CFX Conf Dallas Oct
UMC Comms Week Oct
That Church Conf Atlanta Oct
Salt Creative Conf Nashville Nov
Healthy Church Summit Feb
Wave Cavlo Nashville Apr
SBC Indianapolis Jun
Worship Tech TBD
Church Tech Summit Oct
Modern Church Leader Oct
and more to be announced soon
#2 Amazon Bestselling Church Branding Book (Church Leadership)
Church Branding Guide in a Book
Mark MacDonald, one of America’s leading voices about effective church communication, reveals steps for a church to reconnect with their community: by revitalizing your church’s reputation.
Be Known For Something uses fascinating stories to help you discover a unique communication thread that will:
- Revitalize your church reputation
- Simplify church messaging
- Tear down ministry silos
- Attract people to your church
- Get your congregation to return
Pastor and Church Communicator, if practiced properly, it’s the answer to engaging your congregation and encouraging church growth from your community.
The book is an easy-to-lead, easy-to-read framework that ends each chapter with questions needing answers before moving to the next chapter. Enjoy challenging your church staff or congregation to discover your thread with Be Known for Something.